Thursday, September 11, 2014

ze leprechaun

I travelled the world just to see you,
Just to see you standing there.
Looking high and low to find you,
Yet not a tear drop or a care.
Say you still need me,
Though to hold me no one's there,
Standing tall looking strong,
With my shadow trying hard to crawl.

Staring into the distance,
Thoughts running in the wind,
Like a stag across the highway,
Eyes glaring deeper,
Penetrating stances,
Trying hard to finally rest.
Lights piercing, brighter,
Putting strangers to the test.

None for the sinister danger,
None for the time with no trace.
The lion and the lamb tonight,
Enjoy a supper after grace.
But amidst it all,
I travelled so far,
So far to see you,
How could I miss such a beautiful view?

I travelled the world to find you where you'd be,
To find you waiting for me,
But when I get there it's lonely,
No one in sight, for miles on end no one to see.
Treasure chests come easy,
But life gets hard to find.
To put the puzzle together,
Running in circles around my mind.

And with every breath of fresh air,
The dream get real and alive.
But you further away than before,
While I grab at the clouds,
Trying hard to hold on,
To keep them near,
To keep you here,
To make you stay a glance at a time.

You say it's not to late,
Yet you still drift away.
Tufts of grass glistening,
With breeze blowing through my hair.
I stand perched up upon a rock,
Rainbows in the sky,
Gold coins crowdin' 'neath about the ground.
Dandies and daffodils, as ne'er seen before.

Everywhere I look is beautiful,
The world lies at my feet.
But spring comes but once a year,
And leaves without a trace.
All I want,
Within hand's reach...
Except that,
What I want to keep.





love n luck

No comments: